Friday, September 14, 2007

What We're Reading Now...

School has begun! We've discovered the 4th grade means HOMEWORK!!! Lots and lots of homework!!!!

Abby and I probably work on her homework two hours per night. I've learned the capitals of all the New England and Mid-Atlantic states. We've drawn maps. I've learned the parts of the cell and their functions. We've reviewed math, made change, begun decimals, and tackled 60 spelling words. We know the first 14 books of the Old Testament in order and a keyword which explains the main theme of each book. We've read and Abby and I have played violin and piano duets.

So what are we reading?

Andrew and I have been reading, my favorite 1st grade book, Poppleton and Friends. I especially like the story, Friends, where Poppleton's lips turn outside in.
Abby and I have been reading Mr. Popper's Penguins. It's a wonderful, funny classic.


And as for me, I've been enjoying Lynn Austin's new book, A Proper Pursuit. Lynn Austin is one of my favorite Christian fiction authors. While not terribly erudite, it's a fun, entertaining book which my tired brain needs after remembering the function of cytoplasm!

1 comment:

Walking Through said...

I think I need a trip to the library. We haven't read any of the books you've mentioned, and we're always looking for a good story. :-)