Monday, December 31, 2007

Polka Dots!

Abby is very visual. About every six months, she wants to rearrange the furniture in her room. About every year, she wants to repaint and redecorate.

I am not visual in the least. I put furniture down and it pretty much stays there till we move.

This can cause differing views in our household. However, for the last few months Abby has been advocating for a room makeover. The extra time at Christmas allowed us to do it as a family project. We all helped, though Steve did the bulk of the work... my hero!

Here are some before and after pictures! By the way, Abby picked out the colors and theme!
BEFORE













AFTER















We did compromise, however. I wanted one wall with polka dots; Abby wanted all four. We settled on two!

2 comments:

Walking Through said...

LOVE the room!!
Kim

Anonymous said...

How fun! Not sure why I'm just now reading this, but I love the colors! We painted our living room and dining room those colors! We're sorely lacking in polka dots though...