Sunday, July 1, 2007

The White Picket Gate



We have a gate in front of the breezeway of our house. This poor gate has been through the mill... it was relocated after we moved into our house so that the dogs could come in and out through the laundry room in muddy weather. After we got Zuzu, Steve rebuilt it with some leftover lumber as tiny Zuzu proved to us that she was agile enough to jump over it. The gate looked like it had been remade!

I am not the queen of home makeovers, but I guess I'd watched enough episodes of Property Ladder, Flip that House, and Extreme Makeover to realize that the gate needed help! So I set out to paint it this weekend, with the help of my intrepid Abigail and Andrew. They thought helping mom was great fun until the neighbors came calling with the magic words, "Want to play?" So I wound up finishing up myself. Hopefully you can tell the before from the after!

No comments: