Saturday, April 28, 2007

If it's 2:00 pm, I must be at the library with Abby...

Today was one of those days that seemed to require two parents and good choreography. Abby went to dance at 9:45, Andrew left for Rylen's party at 10:45, at noon I went to get Abby and wound up taking Ruby and Leah so that we could all go see the Popeye and Sweet Pea (free) show at the library. Sweet Pea is a very well trained dog who would put our motley mutts to shame. Ironically, Sweet Pea was recued from a shelter at age 7 months when she was about to be put down as being too aggressive. The man who took her is a police dog trainer, so she had some 'professional help'. She's a border collie/Australian shepard mix. You can see her on You Tube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_YB0SXhOXo (She was on a German tv show; the comments are all in German). She can also jump rope (better than me!) and do a slew of other tricks.

We left the library at 2:00 and came back to our house. Leah was horrified when she was holding our guinea pig, Oreo and Oreo peed on her! Ruby took out Abby's bike and hopped on it--her first time riding a two wheeler! Andrew came home at three, Mary came to pick up Leah and Ruby and three, and Sammy and Eli came over at 3! At 3:30, Mary took the young ones home, Andrew went with Sammy and Eli to the O'Dells, and Olivia, Abby and I went to Super Target.

Grilled outside for supper. Steve mowed the lawn today. The kids need baths, and I need to make some lemon squares for church tomorrow. I think we'll all be pretty tired tonight!

We are all very excited about our upcoming vacation in August. On our end, our reservations are made--plane; hotel in Gettysburg for 2 days; rental car; kennel camp for Zuzu. We're set!

No comments: