Friday, May 11, 2007

Pioneer Days





Today was pioneer day for Abby. It was quite the week getting ready for this. I knew it was pioneer day... I just forgot that Abby would need an outfit to wear to the event. We began looking on Tuesday. No success. We looked online on Wednesday... not enough time to order anything. In desperation, I called Abby's teacher, who found an outfit that she could wear. Not only that, I had remembered that I had volunteered, but neglected to consider that I, too, would need an outfit! Mrs. Johnson came through for both of us!
At Pioneer Days the children were divided into families. Abby was Suzannah Weaver. The children dipped candles (my activity to help with), made tin punch art, made caramel apples, did calligraphy, sewed a doll, and helped make butter. They then had relay races--the egg race, the sack race, and the three-legged race.
Another fun day!

No comments: