


Today was our first day at the pool for 2007! It was a great pool day--87 degrees--and we saw lots of our friends there! In the interest of keeping those friendships, there are no pictures of mom's in swimsuits!
Andrew went down the waterslides a few times today. Abby states that this is the year that she is going to jump off the high dive!
Our neighbor, Katherine, has recently returned from her study abroad experience in Indonesia during her sophomore year of high school. Abby and Andrew are very excited to have her home, and even more excited at the prospect of her babysitting tonight. So Katherine agreed to watch the kids while Steve and I had a ***date***! We went to our favorite Wheaton restaurant, Emilio's, and used the Christmas gift certificate from my brother and sister-in-law--- thank you, David and Peggy! We then topped off our date by a "kid-free" trip to the library!
Saturday, Abby and I went to the local violin store--who knew there was such a place--and got Abby fitted for her first violin. It's a quarter size, though the woman thought she'd be up to a half size violin within 6 months or so. Since we're renting the instrument at this point, we'll just swap the instrument when Abby needs the larger size. Here she is preparing for her first lesson tomorrow...
1 comment:
You're so funny, Peggy! I'm glad to call you friend and trust that you always have my best interest in mind too. I envision an aspiring virtuoso in our midst!
Post a Comment