
This weekend I did something I haven't done in 9 years... I took a day off from the children and went down to Quincy to see my friend, Linda. It was girl's day out... we had lunch at Panera Bread (yes, Panera in Quincy!), toured the town to see the new construction (which included a Best Buy, a Country Inn, a Lowe's and Home Depot, a Kohl's, Old Navy, and TJ Maxx. Quincy is becoming quite the retail empire!
We also went out to Payson, Illinois to check on Linda's mother-in-law and feed the llamas. The Mayfields have 25 llamas in their herd, and they show the llamas. Here I am feeding a llama! They're pretty tame, and most would eat from your hand. Interestingly, llamas don't have any bottom teeth, so they just kind of nuzzle when they grab the food from your hand and don't bite!
After a quick dinner with Linda and Brian in their home, I caught the 5:30 train back to Naperville and was back in Chicagoland by 9:00 pm.
Unfortunately, my cold arrived today with a vengence. I've been fighting it for a few days, but today has just been nasty. So after a few errands with the children, I've laid pretty low.
The children swam today at the O'Dells who have put a small, above ground pool in their backyard and then were invited to the Thomas' this evening for s'mores. Abby was attacked by an exploding stay-puff marshmallow, and Andrew became the mashmallow Ninja!

No comments:
Post a Comment