Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Sad Day...

Today was a sad day. It was the last day of school for the school year. Abby has been ruing this day for the past few weeks. I asked her why she was sooooo sad about school ending. Her answers?
"1. This will be the last time in my life I'll ever get two recesses". (Fourth graders only get one recess).
2. I'll miss Mrs. Johnson, my teacher."

Of course, the third week of school last September Abby came home and announced, "I want to stay in third grade for the rest of my life!" Sadly, third grade has ended, and fourth is around the corner.

Although her 4th marking period wasn't quite so good as the others, we've still been very pleased with her progress this year. We'll be working on reading and math this summer.

Abby was also assessed for her aptitude for the school's instrumental program. They assessed all the children, but sent results home to those who indicated interest. Abby is interested in playing the violin, and her test results were very good. So we may begin her in violin this summer. We'll see how it goes.

Andrew continued to do well in kindergarten, though that bug-a-boo subject, shoe-tying, continues to be his nemesis. Isn't that why they make velcro? But, hey, he's good at t-ball! He's also doing well sounding out words and reading level 1 and early level 2 books.

No comments: